Sweet, spicy, and savory - a quick and easy recipe for the classic chicken dish.
4 servings (~1.5 cups per serving)
291 cal: 39 g pro, 15 g carb, 8 g fat, 5 g fiber
3 TBSP soy sauce (gluten free if necessary)
2 TBSP mirin (rice wine similar to sake with less alcohol, adds sweetness)
1/2 TBSP honey
1/2 TBSP grated ginger
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsps ground flax seed
1 pound skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
1 TBSP olive or avocado oil
16 oz asparagus (about 40 pieces), cut into 2 inch pieces
Directions for preparation:
1. Whisk soy sauce, mirin, honey, ginger, and ground flax seed together - set aside
2. Cut asparagus into 2 inch pieces
3. Set pan on stove, set to medium-high heat, add 1 tsp oil - once hot add asparagus and cook 6-7 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
4. Cut chicken into bite size cubes
*sub any other lean protein tofu or seitan
5. Set pan back on stove, set to medium high heat, add 1 tsp oil - once hot add cut chicken and cook until pieces are browned and cooked through.
6.Leave chicken in pan - add soy sauce mixture and cooked asparagus - toss until combined.
*add rice on the side